The Tomahawk is a uniquely American invention. It can double as either a highly useful tool or as a ferocious piece of weaponry. It is, in fact, these two attributes that have endeared the Tomahawk to generations of countless Americans. Tomahawks, in many variations, have seen service in every armed conflict in our nation’s history. Unfortunately, up until now, there has been very little formal instruction on how to exploit the versatility of the Tomahawk and take advantage of its full potential as a weapon. That is why, after 13 years of manufacturing and 15 years of research, training, and sparring, Cold Steel is presenting our new DVD, The Fighting Tomahawk.
Advantages of the Tomahawk as a weapon.
– Customizing your Tomahawk.
– Specialized training Tomahawks and safety issues.
– Gripping methods.
– Fighting stances and postures.
– Chopping, cutting, slashing, and hacking.
– Stabbing, slapping, hammering, gouging, and sawing.
– Pushing, pulling, and hooking with your Tomahawk.
– Avoiding blows, stop hitting, counter slashing, blocking, parrying, and using the empty hand.
– Disarm defenses.
– Stopping the charge.
– Strength and agility drills.
– Distance judging drills.
– Identifying an enemy’s weakness.
– Creating and exploiting openings or opportunities.
– Fight strategy.
– Sparring drills, and actual sparring.
– Opposing other weapons.